Skip to Navigation
Carli Arendt

About Carli Arendt

Graduate Student
Department of Earth and Environmental Sciences

I am currently a graduate student at the University of Michigan seeking my PhD through the Department of Earth and Environmental Sciences. My interests span a broad spectrum, including glacial geology, subglacial hydrology, surface processes relating to water and ice, water resources, and the evolving climate of the earth.

Research

My research focuses on quantifying residence time of alpine glacier subglacial water using radioactive and radiogenic isotopic analysis. Additionally, I will incorporate stable isotopic analysis in order to better constrain the sources of melt contributing to the subglacial systems throughout melt seasons. Once my methods are proven, I intend to apply these techniques beyond alpine glaciers to bigger components of the cryosphere.

Background

I graduated Saint Norbert College in the spring of 2010 with a BS in Geology with an emphasis in environmental science, as well as a minor in Peace and Justice Studies. While at Saint Norbert I played for the varsity women's soccer team for four years, and studied abroad in South Africa at the University of KwaZulu-Natal. While in southern Africa, I developed a passion toward merging my interests of science and the humanities to help foster a more positive coexistence of the world's resources and its people. I take pleasure in spending my limited amount of free time exploring all that the world has to offer, including all types of natural environments, different cultures, and new communities.

pdf  Download CV (pdf)

Back to Top